Marietta Probate Lawyer
About Our Law Practice in Marietta, Georgia
The law office of G. Cleveland Payne III P.C. was founded in 1980. For more than 30 years, we have provided compassionate representation and strong legal advocacy when people need it the most.
Family Law, Divorce and Probate Representation
Our firm provides comprehensive family law services that address issues such as divorce, child support, child custody, alimony, paternity, legitimation and post-decree modification and enforcement.
- Divorce: We offer legal counsel and advocacy for people who are at any stage of the divorce process, whether that means working for an out-of-court agreement/settlement with your spouse, litigating issues in court or need to modify an existing divorce order.
- Alimony: We seek all types of alimony on behalf of clients, including temporary, rehabilitative, lump sum and permanent.
- Child custody and visitation rights: Our firm seeks to allow each parent meaningful access to the children, including when relocation or a move-away becomes a factor.
- Child support: We represent parents who will be paying child support and those who will be receiving support payments on behalf of their children. Georgia state child support guidelines are used to determine the amount of support, but deviations can be made in the best interests of the child for items like health care and child care expenses.
- Legitimation: We help fathers file suits for legitimation to obtain visitation, parenting time and fulfill responsibilities to their children.
- Paternity: We help mothers file paternity actions to establish paternity and seek child support from the child’s father.
- Prenuptial & Postnuptial Agreements – We draft both prenuptial and postnuptial agreements. These are documents that can be drafted to ensure that assets remain separate and organized throughout a marriage.
- Property division: We protect your rights as an equitable division of all marital property is reached, including retirement accounts, personal property, real estate and more.
Probate and Guardianships
- Probate : We represent executors, administrators, heirs and family members involved in probate disputes. These disputes can involve many issues, including the validity of a person’s will, estates, powers of attorney and questions about an individual’s capacity to make a will.
- Guardianship and conservatorship: We handle guardianship/conservatorship proceedings in probate court. If you are concerned about the well-being of an incapacitated adult or minor child, appointing a guardian/conservator may be beneficial.