Georgia Guardianship Lawyer

Conservatorship and Guardianship Lawyer in Marietta, Georgia

Are you worried about a disabled adult or minor child? Seeking guardianship and/or conservatorship appointment can be a solution for someone who wants to ensure his or her loved one is protected financially and physically. The law office of G. Cleveland Payne III, P.C. handles guardianship/conservatorship proceedings in probate court. We can advise you of your duties during this process and seek the resolution you desire.

To schedule your consultation, please call (770) 424-1400. You may also email us and we will be in touch with you promptly.

Who Can Benefit From a Guardianship?

People seek help from our firm when they are concerned about the welfare of their loved ones. For example, an adult may have become incapacitated due to dementia, Alzheimer's or other physical or mental condition. There are also situations when the guardianship of a minor is needed.

With a background in Pastoral Care and Chaplaincy, our attorney G. Cleveland Payne III provides our clients with a safe and comfortable environment to discuss their concerns. Our attorney and staff will listen to your concerns and truly care about you and your family's well-being. Our firm will also provide strong advocacy when you need it most.

The Benefits of a Conservatorship

A conservatorship is the process where the court appoints a person who has the power to receive, collect and make decisions about the property of a minor or an incapacitated adult. Conservators manage funds for the care, education, welfare and safety of the person. Conservators for incapacitated adults must also take into consideration the express desires and personal values of the ward, when making financial decisions.

This important appointment must be used reasonably and respectfully. Our firm will help you understand your duties and responsibilities, while helping you deal with any questions that may arise.

Experienced Representation for a Complicated Process

If you are considering becoming a guardian or conservator of an incapacitated adult or a minor child, you will need to proceed through probate court. You will need to petition the court for appointment of a guardian conservator. The petition for guardianship or conservatorship of an alleged incapacitated adult may be completed by two petitioners or one petitioner and the affidavit of a physician, psychologist or licensed clinical social worker. The probate court will then rule on the need for the guardianship and or conservatorship and approve or deny the petition to be appointed guardian or conservator.

Contact a Marietta Conservatorship Lawyer

Do you want to learn more about Guardianship and conservatorship? Contact a Marietta attorney to schedule your consultation.